Quitting smoking is one of the best choices a person can make for his health, but it can lead to a change in eating habits and cause weight gain. Check out this Herbalife site for some great products. The biggest flaw in quitting smoking can be quick weight gain, that can be seen on many ex smokers. This is understandable, since nicotine can speed up the weight loss process, and when a person quits, food can be the first choice substitute for cigarettes.
How much weight can you really gain? There has been various research done, and their results show that people who stop smoking can gain from 4 to 9 kilograms in less than 12 months. It really is like that, and there aren’t many people that can avoid these unwanted effects of quitting smoking.
However, there are a few little tricks that can help you avoid putting on kilograms after you quit smoking. A great general tip is to immediately start with the Herbalife program, which will help you at least maintain your weight.
1) Before every meal, drink 2 teaspoons of olive oil. It will slow down your digestion and helps the excretion of hormones that will sate your appetite.
2) Drink less coffee than you are used to, because it is important to cut down on the caffeine intake if you are quitting smoking. You can try to find alternative methods of replacing coffee and cigarettes.
3) Start exercising regularly. It has been discovered that metabolism speeds digestion, so the body of the smoker burns calories quicker.
4) As a replacement for constant snacking, try sugar free chewing gum. They can lower the need for cigarettes, and as they do not contain sugar, there is no risk of gaining weight.
5) Try to have self control, because in the end only you can decide what you eat and when.
6) Eat more fruits, as in this way it is easier to stay away from sweets that will seem very appealing when you give up smoking.
7) Quitting smoking should be a long term process, from 2-6 months, after which it will be much easier to avoid food as a replacement for cigarettes.
Tell us how you managed to quit smoking, and whether you had to use any weight management products, such as Herbalife.